Have you ever heard about Hardcourt Bike polo? Bike polo is known the fast-paced sport in most countries that require teamwork, strength and endurance. This article gives a summarized view to Hardcourt Bike polo as its popularity.
Due to its name, bike polo is played on bike with a long stick to hit the polo. Players often play on courts like tennis courts. The sport’s origin is from a name called “horseless polo”. This sport is hard to be hurt regularly than mountain biking or football as if you have known how to ride a bike on the street smoothly, you can play this game.
Bike Polo has only a few simple rules that you can consider it as instructions to start playing this sport:
• Games are played with three players on a team, often call “3v3”.
• You must hit the ball with one of the ends of your mallet if you wish to score a goal
• If you touch your foot to the ground, you must touch your mallet near the center of the court to be allowed back in play.
• Bike-to-bike, mallet-to-mallet, body-to-body is all accepted.
Since 2004, cities across North America have many bike polo tournaments including the East, West, and Northside Polo Invites.
The North American and European Hardcourt Bicycle Polo championships were both held in August 2009 and become the biggest tournaments in the world
The European tournament has over 40 teams from Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Spain, Italy and Germany and this champion was awarded to a team from Geneva. Seattle, Vancouver BC, Milwaukee, Chicago, New York, Ottawa, Portland, Washington DC, and elsewhere all participated to the North American tournament.
These below refer some outstanding Bike Polo Champion :
• North American Hardcourt Bike Polo Championships
• North American Club Bench Championships
• European Hardcourt Bike Polo Championships
• Australasian Hardcourt Bike Polo Championships
• Asia Hardcourt Bike Polo Championships
• Latin American Hardcourt Bike Polo Championships
• Ladies Army
Bike polo is fair to all classes. Even you are old or young, man or women, you can always play this game as a team because this sport is pretty progressive. There are also some tournaments for female-only such as Ladies Army and Hell’s Belles.